Friday, February 02, 2007

I HAVE ARRIVED!

Yes, I'm here. A bit slow on the uptake with the blog updating thing, but no matter! So finally, finally I have made it Scotland!!! It's been such a long time coming that I just continually need to pinch myself to prove that I'm actually, really, truly here. Edinburgh is everything I've dreamed of and more (forgive me for sounding so trite). It's thrilling just to be here, and I'm totally smitten with the city on the whole.

I'm just going to skip over the week in London...... will sum it up as "not my cup of tea" and move on from there, eh?

Week One in Scotland has been filled with plenty of walking, job interviews, walking, flat hunting, walking and more walking. I have been a total scrooge and holding on to my Aussie dollars pretty tightly, so just been exploring the streets and drinking it all in..... wonderful! One of the highlights has been St Giles' Cathedral - amazing building (currently under restoration), and the elderly volunteers there were just gorgeous, I really enjoyed talking with them.

My time on the net is about to run out...... more updates on Edinburgh life to come soon!

Posted by -MissJ- :: 9:27 pm :: , 0 Comments:

Post a Comment