Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The countdown is on.....

It's down to sleeps.

24 of them remaining until departure. Holy cow.

I have been totally slack with documenting my 'preparing for take-off' phase.... That's because I've been too busy procrastinating about packing up the disaster zone that is my bedroom. Oh yeah, and working 2 jobs, and catching up with about 467,000 friends, and planning my bon voyage bash.... I mean, who's got time to actually pack up?

In truth, I have been doing a lot of thinking about it, but not a lot of action. This all changed yesterday (Boxing Day), when I spent the afternoon in a bit of a frenzy going through my oodles of miscellaneous 'stuff', chucking out a lot of things and divvying up some stuff to either give away, ship off or store at the parentals. My room now looks WAAAAAY worse than it did to begin with. Ah well, as D:Ream used to say, "Thiiiiiings can only get better....." (sing it now!). So it's full-scale intensive deshittifying of my life, with a concrete deadline. EEK.

So, the two jobs thing. Lets just say I obtained a casual job for some pre-Scotland supplementary income, and it has been shite. I've been run ragged, and it has gone a long way to erasing the sentimentality I might feel for shifting my life to another hemisphere. And thank God for that too, as yesterday the enormity of the whole adventure really hit me, and so I've had 100 different emotions all swirling together, and getting a bit sooky and cold-feety about leaving, and having anticipatory guilt about things that might not eventuate ("What if something happens to my Dad while I'm away? I'd never forgive myself!!").... So it's kinda lucky that I'm so over the work/pressure/exhaustion thing, otherwise I'd be a total soggy mess on the carpet just now! Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to going, and have been for a long time, but it's getting a bit real all of a sudden. I guess it's better to be feeling all these things now and then moving on from it, rather than it not hitting me until after I leave..... it would suck to be a soggy mess on the carpet in a foreign country where I have no friends! So 'cheers' to getting the sulks out of my system early!

24 sleeps. 3 weeks and 3 days. And way not enough dollars in my account. And a car which is yet to be sold. And a house which is yet to be packed up. And about 674 friends who are yet to be caught up with.

HELP!!!!!!!

Posted by -MissJ- :: 4:51 am :: , 2 Comments:

Post a Comment